class 1 divion 2 cable

Status
Not open for further replies.

tekro

Good day,

I am an European electric plants manufacturer and I do not know very well all American Standards / Rules for HAZARDOUS LOCATIONS, and now I have to manufacture an electric plant on a crane classified as ?Hazardous location ? Class 1 ? Division 2?.

As regards boxes I have found an American manufacturer who can supply them to me, while as regards connection cables I have lots of doubts and I ask you to help me in the choice giving me some names of suppliers of wire in class 1 ? division 2.

Thanks in advance for your precious help.
Best regards,

tekro

Can you supply me with some names of people or companies able to help me with my problem, please?
Thanks and regards,

rbalex

Staff member
Occupation
Professional Electrical Engineer
I would contact your local SEMKO or similar agent. Most of the EU third party agencies have agreements with a US counterpart that can assist you.

tekro

Hazzardus Location Class1 Division 2

Hazzardus Location Class1 Division 2

Hallo Robert,

unfortunately, ?Semko? in Italy is not able to help me, in fact after 2 months they still have not understood how to solve my problem.
Could you please be so kind to keep me in touch with a competent U.S.A. designer able to help me in my technical decisions and in my design steps?

I deem that Skype or E-mail could be valid communication means interface each other, but we can evaluate the opportunity of the designer visit by our company in Italy for a direct collaboration.

I remind you that, we have to manufacture a plant for a crane in a HAZZARDUS LOCATION CLASS1 DIVISION 2 and we have found a partner for material, but now we need to find a local designer for the project.
Therefore the trade mark for the hazardous location, could be done by the U.S.A. referent you will kindly find out on our behalf.

We thank you in advance for your kind interest and by the occasion, we convey to you our best regards,

rbalex

Staff member
Occupation
Professional Electrical Engineer
Their US partner is ETL. They are part of the Intertek group. I have used them to secure third party certification for foreign products on several US projects.

Their website has contact information under the "About Us/Our Services" drop down menu.

tekro

Intertek

Intertek

Thanks for your prompt reply.
I have already spoked with INTERTEK ITALY, but they told me that they are not able to find any technical designer in U.S.A.
Can you please give me any name of an american INTERTEK man, that I am going to contact directly?
Thanks in advance.
Yours sincerely

Status
Not open for further replies.