Class 1 Division 1 Group B, C and D receptacles and plugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerrya7614

I am looking for sources to purchase the following components rated for Class 1 Division 1 Groups B, C and D:

-Receptacle with 16 pin approximate, for 16awg wire, preferrably with NPT panel connection
-Plug with 16 pin approximate, for 16awg wire, cord diameter .57 for strain relief
-Receptacle for Ethernet, preferrably with NPT panel connection or it's own rated box.
-Plug for Ethernet

Thanks, Jerry

I am looking for sources to purchase the following components rated for Class 1 Division 1 Groups B, C and D:

-Receptacle with 16 pin approximate, for 16awg wire, preferrably with NPT panel connection
-Plug with 16 pin approximate, for 16awg wire, cord diameter .57 for strain relief
-Receptacle for Ethernet, preferrably with NPT panel connection or it's own rated box.
-Plug for Ethernet

Thanks, Jerry

All I can say: good luck with that!

Or should I say: fat chance?

rbalex

Staff member
Occupation
Professional Electrical Engineer
Certifying individually to “Class I” requirements is prohibitively expensive for this class of wiring components. Typically, they are more suited to NEC Article 504 or possibly Article 505, Zone 1 in limited applications. However, if Zone 1 is contemplated the components must be “AEx” certified rather than simply “Ex”.

Status
Not open for further replies.