class1 division 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

tekro

Good day,

I am an European electric plants manufacturer and I do not know very well all American Standards / Rules for HAZARDOUS LOCATIONS, and now I have to manufacture an electric plant on a crane classified as ?Hazardous location ? Class 1 ? Division 2?.

As regards boxes I have found an American manufacturer who can supply them to me, while as regards connection cables I have lots of doubts and I ask you to help me in the choice giving me some names of suppliers of wire in class 1 ? division 2.

Thanks in advance for your precious help.
Best regards,

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
I do not believe you can get a complete design spec for a product like a crane to be used in a classifed area from a forum like this.

There are a lot of consultants who can be hired to do this kind of design work for you.

While a division 2 area is far less stringent than a division 1 area, it is not just a matter of slapping the right components together.

OTOH, it might turn out you don't have to change much of anything. Or you might have to change almost everything.

As for your question about wire, generally any wire that can be used anywhere else can be used in a classified area. It is not like the European system where every component has to labeled EEx.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.