Cleaner tommorrow,KVAR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rewire

Got a flyer for a free information seminar on KVAR energy controller training hosted by Cleaner tommorrow.First session was for potential customers about eight people showed up with one being an electrician.I know I will be getting calls from customers who want info on these things and I wanted to see how they are being marketed.Just before the session started the guy in charge hands out non discloser agreements for everyone to sign.I scanned the five pages of leagal ease and decided not to sign and got up and left.

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
Good decision. I tried to look them up on the Internet, but they didn't show up on the first two pages of Google. That is not a good sign.

I strongly suspect this is another one of those capacitive reactance devices that supposedly saves the customer money, but in fact will not save residential customers anything because they do not pay a "power factor penalty."

Here is one example of a similar marketing approach that has been discussed several times on this forum:
http://www.power-save1200.com/1200?gclid=CKrIj5O6tZMCFSUqagod92IaCg
The consensus of opinion is that this is "snake oil," or what I would call a "legal scam." It is a scam in that it will not give the customer what the customer has been led to expect. It is legal because it never promises anything that it can't deliver. You can only get those last two things at the same time when you are very clever about what you choose to say, and what you choose not to say.

satcom

So they found a new way to present an old scam, now they are appealing to the green pitch, i guess the energy saving bit ran out of steam, lets see if this dog hunts.

growler

Rewire said:
Got a flyer for a free information seminar on KVAR energy controller training hosted by Cleaner Tomorrow.

Just do a corporate search for Cleaner Tomorrow in MO and you may find it interesting. It's an LLC registration on 02/29/08 and the corpartate registration is listed as ficticious.

They don't give a mailing address or list any of the officers ( always a bad sign ).

Status
Not open for further replies.