clearance from a bath tub

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
my client want a space heater in the bathroom I am unable to find the minimum clearance from a bath tub to install a 240 volt wall mount space heater. I want to install a ceiling heater instead. any help is appreciated. thanks.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
I would read the manufacturers specifications and if its not there don't worry about it. I assume the heater will be grounded.

If you ever see existing installations of wall heaters mounted in bathrooms, you will see, depending on location and age, some are rusted or show signs of rust due to the moisture of the bathroom. I do not believe they are specifically designed for bathrooms, but they are generally permitted installed in bathrooms.
As mentioned, be sure to read the instructions. The NEC does not specifically restrict their use in bathrooms, but the instructions may.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
I remember years ago seeing a heater install behind the bathroom door. When the door was open it would be leaning on the heater. I believe those heaters have instructions for placement such as not under towel rods within a certain distance from a door, etc. It is often difficult to impossible to get a heater placed in a smaller bathroom on the walls.

I remember years ago seeing a heater install behind the bathroom door. When the door was open it would be leaning on the heater. I believe those heaters have instructions for placement such as not under towel rods within a certain distance from a door, etc. It is often difficult to impossible to get a heater placed in a smaller bathroom on the walls.

How about the heater placed by the toilet, and when it starts to show signs it may not be the best locations -someone keeps missing the toilet - they put a piece of plexiglass over the front of it. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.