Closet light

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah buts its best for all around lighting. Any other light for a small closet will not light very well lower end of closet.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Hv&Lv

Occupation
Engineer/Technician
It is strange because I always assumed Led's would be like fluorescents in terms of distance. I was surprised to learn it wasn't
Yeah, I thought so too...
I don’t worry about it since I won’t put them within 6” anyway regardless..
Or I have t been in that tight a closet

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
Yeah, I thought so too...
I don’t worry about it since I won’t put them within 6” anyway regardless..
Or I have t been in that tight a closet

Yeah but tape light needs to be 12" from storage unless listed for storage area or if it is recessed

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
For a shallow closet I’ve been using the linear LED strips on the wall above the door. I’ve used Lithonia and Satco/Nuvo. And I use the door switches from Better Switch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nickelec

For a shallow closet I’ve been using the linear LED strips on the wall above the door. I’ve used Lithonia and Satco/Nuvo. And I use the door switches from Better Switch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I second this but what I have been doing is putting a box inside the closet with a motion activated switch no complaints so far , the door switches usually fail over time

I simply tell the customers to just pay mind to try and not block the switch lol

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Hv&Lv

Occupation
Engineer/Technician
the door switches usually fail over time

Must be the new ones..
I have one in my pantry doorframe that’s been there for 22 years so far. Never a problem.
it gets used more than my closet..

augie47

Staff member
Occupation
State Electrical Inspector (Retired)
My go to method has been self contained LED strip light over door with a switch. I see a lot of wafer LEDs now that would make the install much easier.
That's somewhat the "standard" here but Dennis' fixture from Post #30 would be my choice.

James L

Occupation
Electrician
Depending on the closet, a downlight might not light anything down on the bottom half.

If the closet is shallow, I use l.e.d. strip lighting inside an aluminum channel, with a receptacle on the ceiling right above the door and transformer on the header.

I don't ever stick a strip light to casing. It just doesn't hold well

Status
Not open for further replies.