coax crimp

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevebea

What are you guys using for a coax crimp tool. I cant seem to find a good one

I use an Ideal 30-633 but that is a compression tool. I also have an Ideal CrimpMaster for coax crimps but I haven't used that in years.....the compression tool is by far superior in my opinion.

egnlsn

Occupation
A/V/Security Technician
The majority of compression fittings out there are 21mm, which, for the most part, means that if you have a tool that works on Digicon fittings (the CP-LCCT1, for example), you can use it on Digicon, F-Conn, Gilbert, PPC EXXL series, PCT DRS series, Holland SuperLOK, and many others. There are others that need a different stroke length, such as the PCT TRS series, or the PPC EX series, which is a different size still. The PPC and the PCT TRS fittings are universal, which means you can use them on standard through quad-shield cable. Digicon and F-Conn make a universal fitting as well.

K8MHZ

Michigan. It's a beautiful peninsula, I've looked
Occupation
Electrician
Last edited:

fireryan

erikscinco

I use this cheap one and it works fine.

204-005 - Steren Crimp Termination Tool

But I have really gotten away from crimp and moved to compression. Much better pull force, protection, and they last much longer. Since crimping is essentially crushing metal around the cable there is just way to much room for moisture and dust to enter the termination. Plus the compression connectors look much better. They really give your installation a professional look.

Status
Not open for further replies.