Coaxial line disconnection - terminator?

Fred B

Occupation
Electrician
I can imagine that sinking feeling when you cut what you think is an old phone or coax but turns out it's fiber 🥺
Know a guy that had actually gotten all the 811 mark outs done and was told all clear in scope of excavation. Dropped in the backhoe bucket for another scoop and up comes a 3 inch telcom line snapped off and draping. (pre fiber) Took the poor telcom guy most of a week to make all the splices in four spots. Half the area had no phone service for most of that time. The telcom had actually run out of the planned route by more than 30ft closer to 50ft. The telcom co. simply marked out straight line from green pilar to green pilar and it actually made a huge round about. They tried to blame the excavator but they had the telcom all clear report.

Know a guy that had actually gotten all the 811 mark outs done and was told all clear in scope of excavation. Dropped in the backhoe bucket for another scoop and up comes a 3 inch telcom line snapped off and draping. (pre fiber) Took the poor telcom guy most of a week to make all the splices in four spots. Half the area had no phone service for most of that time. The telcom had actually run out of the planned route by more than 30ft closer to 50ft. The telcom co. simply marked out straight line from green pilar to green pilar and it actually made a huge round about. They tried to blame the excavator but they had the telcom all clear report.
my friend dug up a CN MV line. The POCO (or their locator) marked it but they were quite a bit off. IT was actually uneventful and it tripped without any fireworks.

cabledawg

Occupation
cable dude
From pole to pole, I wouldnt touch it unless your given the green light from whatever utility thats in question. Just my 2 cents. Or co-ordinate with them on the removal. Happy New years everyone.