Code change

Status
Not open for further replies.

GG

Has anyone here ever sent in one of those code change forms in the back of the NEC? When you do submit a change does the NFPA mail you a free copy of the R.O.P. and R.O.C., I think I got those names right. Did anyone here submit a change and have it accepted by the NFPA? Im just curious, I think the whole NEC process is pretty cool how they allow us to be involved in its changes each code cycle.

charlie

Re: Code change

Yes, several of us have been involved in the Code making process and some have had their proposals accepted. If you make a proposal, you will receive a copy of the ROP (Report on Proposals) without asking. You will not automatically get a copy of the ROC (Report on Comments) unless you make a comment during the comment period.

The NFPA has to have everything set up the way it is in order to become an American National Standard. :D

GG

Charlie will you autograph my NEC for me? :D I found your name on page 15. Very impressive. What happens if 2 or more people send in the exact same code change request? Who would get credit if they except the change? Charlie, how many code cycles have you been involvd with? Thanks.

[ July 14, 2005, 09:43 AM: Message edited by: GG ]

charlie

Actually, having several people submit the same proposal happens quite a bit. They will get a response from the panel on one of them and the others will have the same response and the panel comment (if there is one) will indicate something like, "See the panel statement on 10-87." As far as credit, there is no such thing. The proposal is made and, if it is accepted, you will know that you had a part in writing the NEC.

I have been involved in the Code making process since 1993. If you are interested, all of the moderator's bios are at the bottom of this page.

You sound impressed that I am involved in the process, don't be too impressed. Take a look at Bob Alexander's bio and mine pales in comparison. Also peruse the bios of the other moderators and you will find some real experts in their respective fields. Mike Holt has pulled together some really great people. It is also interesting to look at the talent and knowledge of the people who are active on this forum who are not moderators but have as much or more on the ball. One of the more stupid things I did one time was to start to list some of those individuals and I left out a bunch, that will not happen again. :D

physis

List!
List!

:D

I like the autograph idea Charlie. You could post it and we could print it from the Internet. :D

Edit: I wonder if we could use it to get preferential proposal treatment.

[ July 14, 2005, 08:48 PM: Message edited by: physis ]

George Stolz

Staff member
Occupation
Service Manager

Your mother's maiden name and SSN would be a nice touch too, Charlie. I just mailed my 2005 to you to autograph. :D

Sam, with some of mine, I could use all the help I can get! :D

physis

I really didn't mean for it come out like that. And when I tried to make it better it just got worse. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.