Code restrictions on temporary above ground wiring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
The NEC cannot rule over the utility as they have their own ruling. I assume this is a cable tv wire or phone-- I have seen that often around here also.

mgookin

My neighborhood has a temporary cable running throughout that has been loosely laid out and driven over for months. Is there any reference to this in the NEC. I encourage you to take a virtual walk down the street in Google Street view. Willow Glen Dr

https://goo.gl/maps/2EL69n4XtsK2

We get lots of them after hurricanes and they seem to stay that way until they don't work or until someone important enough complains enough.

I still had one in my yard 6 years after Charlie. I got tired of moving it to mow the grass so I called. They came right out.

Call your cable provider.

nick818

Cut it! When they barrel it cut it again, and again. Your neighbors will be pissed but the Cable company will get tired of the calls and trench it in sooner than later:p
Edit: Above was a joke, It would be vandalism of course and not recommended. :angel:

JFletcher

Cut it! When they barrel it cut it again, and again. Your neighbors will be pissed but the Cable company will get tired of the calls and trench it in sooner than later:p
Edit: Above was a joke, It would be vandalism of course and not recommended. :angel:

A few years ago, a moving truck somehow clipped the aerial cable line to the house, ripping it off. We called Cox, and they came and rehung it... the same cable. Had I known that is what their plan was, that cable might have had a dreadful accident with a riding mower, or a rogue pair of Kleins.

Status
Not open for further replies.