Code update resource recommendations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

beegee

I wondered if any of you had a favorite website, book, or some other source that you use to keep current on recent code updates. Something fairly simple and easy to use too..... It'd be nice if I didn't have to pay for it too. :)

360Youth

You might want to include your location to narrow down who has jurisdiction over you. I downloaded pages the other day on the NC ammendments (I cannot think of where right this moment), but that web link is of no use to you. NC, I'm sure, is going to operate under a different set of guidelines from where ever you are.. You will probably still want the general updates from '05 to '08, but don't forget any local ammendments.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
beegee said:
I wondered if any of you had a favorite website, book, or some other source that you use to keep current on recent code updates. Something fairly simple and easy to use too..... It'd be nice if I didn't have to pay for it too. :)

In NC there are a few place we use to get updates. The NC department of Insurance as well as our state inspectors assoc. will usually keep you updated with info.

Check with your state agency of electrical contractors.

crossman

If you are simply looking for info on the changes, and not some approved class for license renewal, then:

IAEI produces a nice "code changes" book every three years. This details almost all the changes with commentary and photos/diagrams.

If you are affiliated with NECA or IBEW, you should be able to obtain "Significant Changes to the Code" which is produced by the NJATC, and also contains commentary and photos/diagrams of the code changes.

I recommend them both.

Status
Not open for further replies.