Coded NAC Power Supplies

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this is more of a code fourm but I was wondering if anyone could help me out. I was looking for some kind of Power Supply that has the ability to do more than 8 Coded Outputs.

It would need to be able to interface into a Silent Knight 5820XL. I'm running into the problem of needing more than 8 Coded Outputs when Silent Knight only provides this.

I've also heard of systems that broadcast the fire alarm onto the buildings short wave radio systems that maintence carries around, I've not been able to confirm or find a manufacture of this equipment? Does it exist, if so could someone steer me in the right direction.

Thank you

-Gabe

hbiss

EC, Westchester, New York NEC: 2014
Occupation
EC
Re: Coded NAC Power Supplies

"A power supply with coded outputs"??

Explain what a coded output is, I've never heard the term.

I've also heard of systems that broadcast the fire alarm onto the buildings short wave radio systems that maintence carries around, I've not been able to confirm or find a manufacture of this equipment? Does it exist, if so could someone steer me in the right direction.

A place to start would be a Motorola radio dealer.

-Hal

By coded outputs I mean Zone Coded NAC's, say for example zone 1 is triggered the Horns sound one pulse, and then two pulses...etc

You usally hear them in large facilities where they can not evacuate the whole building unless the fire is not controlable (i.e. hospitals) and need to know the exact floor without looking at the annuciator.

I know there has to be a universial zone coder out there that will interface to any panel. I swear I've seen them before on fire inspections, I just can't remember I brand name.

izak

try Altronix..

they were the add on power supplies we used for NAC circuits on Simplex, Gamewell, Firecom and Radionics systems..

ill bet that they would be alot cheaper than a Simplex P/S

Status
Not open for further replies.