Colorado electrical contractors license

Status
Not open for further replies.

bauler

Has anyone out there gone through the hurdles to get their Colorado contractors license. As I understand you need to have a masters license first. I live in California and have my electrical contractors license here, but there is no such thing as a master license. They are just beginning to require an apprentice and journeyman license, but keep postponing it. My problem is the required documentation. Colorado wants a letter from your present employer, that?s me, and past employers, they're all moved on, passed away ect. They don't seem to give much weight to the fact I'm a licensed contractor in another state. I glad they don't do this with driver?s licenses.

What I would like to know is, has anyone gone through a similar situation, and what did they do about it? Appreciate the help.

bphgravity

Re: Colorado electrical contractors license

I know your frustration. I currently hold 4 licenses with the state of Florida and obtaining each one was like pulling teeth while jumping through a flamming-hoop. Each application required the same information and yet I had to keep proving the same experience and qualifications for each license. One tip that made the process easier was getting the name and direct line to a single person that could answer my questions and get me the correct information. There is nothing worse than getting a different person each time that tells you something different.

When all is said and done, you do have the option of going in front of a review board. Most if not all states have a hearing that is open to the public and the applicants to state their case for licesning. This may be your opportunity to explain the difficulty with obtaining experience verification while also proving you meet the requirements.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.