Colorado Master Electrician Renewal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, it's official... I passed... again. I have to say that each time it gets harder.

I do have to admit that I like deadlines: Feb 28th at 11:59PM... got everything paid. 1 minute to spare!

Since I figured that George wouldn't mind if I posted the test questions, here they are:

1. What color is a green ground screw? __________________.

2. (True or false) When hooking up a 200 volt heater, you must use 220 volt wire.

3. (True or false) Electricity might leak out of pipes if they are not connected with rain tight fittings.

4. (True or false) To trip a breaker, you must stick your foot out as it walks by.

5. (True or false) When dealing with conduit, the O.D. must exceed the I.D. or the hole will be on the outside.

6. (True or false) A keyless fixture cannot be unlocked.

7. (True or false) A circuit breaker reads ?20? on the handle. This means it can only trip 20 times before it is worn out.

8. (True or false) If you plug something 110 volts into a 120 volt outlet, 10 volts will leak out and make a mess.

9. (True or false) The gauge of wire tells you how many plugs you can hook to it.

10. (True or false) When pulling two 4/0 wires into PVC conduit, the ?PVC? stands for ?pipe very crowded.?

11. (True or false) A flush mount device can only be hooked up to a toilet.

12. (True or false) An ?Ohm? is a Hindu measurement for voltage.

13. Electrical Inspectors are also known as ______________.

14. (True or false) Service entrance conductors purchased from an electrical supply house with current already in them are very dangerous to install.

15. (True or false) High voltage wire is used in the upper levels of tall buildings whereas low voltage wire is usually found in the basements or underground.

16. (True or false) If you have a molded case circuit breaker, the mold can be washed off with warm soapy water.

Minuteman

1. What color is a green ground screw? _______RED___________.

2. (True or false) When hooking up a 200 volt heater, you must use 220 volt wire.

3. (True or false) Electricity might leak out of pipes if they are not connected with rain tight fittings.

4. (True or false) To trip a breaker, you must stick your foot out as it walks by.

5. (True or false) When dealing with conduit, the O.D. must exceed the I.D. or the hole will be on the outside.

6. (True or false) A keyless fixture cannot be unlocked.

7. (True or false) A circuit breaker reads ?20? on the handle. This means it can only trip 20 times before it is worn out.

8. (True or false) If you plug something 110 volts into a 120 volt outlet, 10 volts will leak out and make a mess.

9. (True or false) The gauge of wire tells you how many plugs you can hook to it.

10. (True or false) When pulling two 4/0 wires into PVC conduit, the ?PVC? stands for ?pipe very crowded.?

11. (True or false) A flush mount device can only be hooked up to a toilet.

12. (True or false) An ?Ohm? is a Hindu measurement for voltage.

13. Electrical Inspectors are also known as ____Code Cops__________.

14. (True or false) Service entrance conductors purchased from an electrical supply house with current already in them are very dangerous to install.

15. (True or false) High voltage wire is used in the upper levels of tall buildings whereas low voltage wire is usually found in the basements or underground.

16. (True or false) If you have a molded case circuit breaker, the mold can be washed off with warm soapy water.[/FONT][/COLOR]
[/QUOTE]

Can I be a Master in Colorado now?

Status
Not open for further replies.