Colorado Renewal Cutoff

Status
Not open for further replies.

George Stolz

Staff member
Occupation
Service Manager
I am putting off testing for my CO Master's License until closer to the renewal deadline (02/28/09) so I won't have to renew it, and can let the journeyman lapse. Does anybody know when the earliest I can take the test and not have to renew it is?

iwire

Staff member
George are you sure you can do that?

Here if you let the J-mans go once you get the Masters you have to put down your tools.

If your area allows it good for them.:smile:

Ok, After I pay Pearson-vue the 76 dollars and take the test, and after the test is passed, how much is the Colorado license fee for the year? and will it expire 2-28-2009 or can I wait till 2-28-2009 to pay it for the year of 2009

cadpoint

What if you don't pass and you lapse?

Frankly, I can't believe you don't know this stuff! :roll:

I would think there's some grace period in respects to exchanging money for what's involved!

OK, we've all ready for "I passed" post, now we have to Wait! :grin:

GOOD LUCK, George!

George Stolz

Staff member
Occupation
Service Manager
Ok, After I pay Pearson-vue the 76 dollars and take the test, and after the test is passed, how much is the Colorado license fee for the year? and will it expire 2-28-2009 or can I wait till 2-28-2009 to pay it for the year of 2009
The first license is paid for by paying for the test; after that, it's something like $45 to renew a j-man licence, $50 to renew a master's license, $30 to renew an R.W., or something like that. The license expires in February of every odd-numbered year (i.e. 02/2009, 02/2011, 02/2013, etc.)

George Stolz

Staff member
Occupation
Service Manager
George
Some jurisdictions will apply your license to the next cycle, if you take the test close enough to the cut-off date. You could call and find out how they treat these situations.
Yeah, that's what I'm shooting for. I'm just not certain how close I need to cut it, lest I fail the test and have to renew the JW anyway.

I figure if nothing else, I'll take the test around Valentine's day. Ought to be close enough. :)

Ray@GPE

You can take the test anytime. The automatic renewell of the license is every two years and yours would be 2011. Call the state electrical board and ask them.

tkb

In CT you can let your Journeymans license (E2) lapse if you get the Master license (E1).
You only need one or the other to do the work.
You need the E1 to be in business though.

gaelectric

George,

It might be worth holding both licenses for the extra little it would cost every other year. If I were you I would just renew the JW and then take the Masters exam at your leisure.

2011, you could decide if you want to let the JW lapse or not.

gaelectric

Sorry that I didn't check back on this sooner to realize you asked me a question.

If I'm not mistaken, if you wanted to use your masters for the purpose of getting a contractors license you could do that as well as work for another company under your journeyman.

Inspectorcliff

Master George

Master George

It sounds to me, that he has answered his own questions. Yes your masters is the same as a journeyman, except you can purchase a contractors and go into business for yourself. It's kind of nice piece of paper and all, Hope you smiled pretty for your picture. The rest of them don't come with pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.