combination meter main breaker box

Status
Not open for further replies.

truckmax

New User
Occupation
retired fireman
Hello everyone, I have a meter main combo box on the exterior of my garage at my home. It contains the meter, the 200 amp disconnect switch and about12 spaces for additional circuit breakers. It has a double 50 amp breaker for my portable generator and only one bar for my ground wires and neutral wires that come off of my 50 amp breaker to connect on to. Just on the opposite side of the exterior wall in my garage i have a 200 amp circuit breaker box that has about 40 spaces for breakers with no main breaker which is about 90% full. I understand that the combo meter box outside is the only place i can place both the grounds and neutral wires on the same bar. Just so happen i wanted to check to see if there is any continuity between the ground bar and neutral bar ( two separate bars) inside the breaker panel inside my garage. What i found is that there is continuity between the groundbar and the neutral bar. can anyone give me any ideas on why this is. I don't think this is normal or is it. Thank you very much in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.