COMMENT 19-21 547.9(B)(3)(2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

fmtjfw

I'm looking for constructive criticism on the following, and if you think it is merited, support in the form of comments from you on 19-21. Thanks, Jim Williams

4 Comment:

547.9(A)
(5) Grounding.
At the site-isolating device, the system grounded conductor shall be connected to a grounding electrode system via a grounding electrode conductor. The equipment grounding conductor is connected to the grounded circuit conductor and the site-isolating device enclosure at the distribution point.

547.9(B)(3)
(2) The equipment grounding conductor is connected to the grounded circuit conductor and the site-isolating device enclosure at the distribution pointat the disconnecting means.

5 Statement of Problem and Substantiation.

1) 547.9 Electrical Supply to Building(s) or Structure(S) from a Distributing Point. It does not reference a site-isolating device.

2) 547.9(A) references a site-isolating device. It is required to be pole-mounted.

3) 547.9(A) (4) and (5) discuss Bonding and Grounding.

4) 547.9(B) does not reference a site-isolating device. It references disconnects at buildings or structures. Although a pole might be considered a structure, I believe (A) and (B) are designed to separate pole-mounted from non-pole-mounted.

5) Now in 547.9(B)(3) (1) and (2) we are talking about Grounding and Bonding.

6) in 547.9(B)(3)(2) we are back to talking about site-isolating device, even though it appears we don't have one in (B).

It appears to me that 547.9(B)(3)(2) properly belongs in 547.9(A)(5).
It appears to me that most of 547.9(B)(3)(2) should be retained.

Status
Not open for further replies.