Comment on the E Myth

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmsbrush

Hey guys, I heard alot of people recommending the E myth book here, so I went and bought one. I'm about 100 pages in. So far I must say it is the worst read in my entire life!!!! I just now got to the point of doing a buisness plan, which is good but up to this point, this guy is only talking about pies!! I could care less about a women and her pie shop! Crap!!! Just get to the point! This guy is really dragging his feet! I keep hoping that I will get some type of enlightenment on the following page! To my surprise with each new page, I just feel like putting my hand In some live switch gear, just kidding! Am I the only guy who feels this way? Or is this like a lil joke between the seasoned contractors for us new contractors? I can remember when I was a first year apprentice and some of the journeymen were telling us grunts to go and find them a box of OHM's lol!'s So guy's when it's late at night and you can't sleep because you're worried about something youre helper did and that youre going to have to fix it, just pick that book up and it's a guarantee to put you asleep:grin:

mdshunk

The E-Myth gets you thinking in the right direction, but if you're hoping to get something more substantial out of it than that, think again. It should be on your 'must read' list, but it doesn't really answer any questions. It more or less primes the pump for further reading. It lays some foundation onto which you plug in other material. Just like any other book, there's always a nugget or two you can get out of it. Nobody ever died from reading a book. I just wish there were more nuggets in some books.

Sparky555

I would have liked a "Readers Digest" version of the book without the pie lady. It would be a 7 page gem.

Dave

bikeindy

Maybe your too smart for that book. You already have all the answers. I found it to be a great read. Like Marc said you have to take from it what you need there are many good nuggets in there.

jmsbrush

bikeindy said:
Maybe your too smart for that book. You already have all the answers. I found it to be a great read. Like Marc said you have to take from it what you need there are many good nuggets in there.
You know you might be right!!:grin: Mark said a nugget or two, not 5 or six and he also said it will not give you any answers! I did say that he did have one good thing so far! Read my thread. I'm saying the man needs to get to the point. Like the other guy said "Reader's digest with out the pie lady!"

adamants

great

great

i found it great to get you thinking. he hasn't answered one question, but he has asked a lot. you have two choices, sign up for the mastery programme, or like most of us, sit down and think about it. he opened my eyes to a lot of things, that along with other business books, and the forum have been awesome. I am also in the process of changing over to flat rate work, and have had a terrific response from my customers. they don't know i've raised all my prices, all they know is they can ask me for a price and i can tell them straight away! the only thing is there is no-one else in nz using it that i know of, so i am having to build every single task myself, price it, then type it out to look nice!!! but it's worth it.:) :grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.