Commercial Fryer Install Specs

Status
Not open for further replies.

soliselectric

New User
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
I have a small country gas station that provides fried foods. We want to replace our gas fryer with an electrical fryer. The gas station has (2) 200amp Subpanels in the far room and then another 100amp subpanel in kitchen area. We want to take Feeder from the one of the 200amp panels in the far room (estimately around 150ft from where the fryer will be installed). The fryer has two inlets that run on the following specs below each..... My question is what size conductor should I use to run from 200amp subpanel over to the fryer receptable? Or should I use a junction panel to run the feeder into and then split off two branch circuits to the receptables for the fryer? What would be the OCP's as well for the circuit? Thanks!

The specs for this fryer are as follows:

Model: MB-502AT
Serial No: A-9084R
Volt: 208
HZ: 60
Phases: 1
Amp: 74
MFG: 01-2022

Notes on appliance:
1. ) Must be connected to the voltage and phase specified on the serial number plate.
2. ) Use a Copper wire suitable for at least 194 F (90 C)
3. ) Installation must conform with your local electric code. (Currently my state uses NEC 2017)

Jraef

Moderator, OTD
Staff member
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
You need to call a licensed electrician.

I am closing this thread, in accordance with the Forum rules. This Forum is intended to assist professional electricians, inspectors, engineers, and other members of the electrical industry in the performance of their job-related tasks. However, if you are not an electrician or an electrical contractor, then we are not permitted to help you perform your own electrical installation work.

If I have misjudged the situation, if for example this project is related to your work, then send me a Private Message. If you can show me that I am wrong, and that you are a licensed electrician (or at least a licensed apprentice), then I will reopen your post, and offer an apology for the delay and inconvenience.

A reminder to all members, if you see a questionable post, feel free to report it by clicking the Report Button at the lower left hand corner of the post.

Status
Not open for further replies.