Commercial kitchen gfci

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alc609

Occupation
Electrician
I’m stumped, they delivered a steam table to a job I’m doing, tag calls for 3000W 125V. It has a 50A/125V cord. Everything has to be gfci, don’t even know if Siemens makes a 50A/125V gfci breaker let alone find one right now. Suggestions? Can you use one pole of 250v breaker?

Terminator5047

Occupation
Electrician
I’m stumped, they delivered a steam table to a job I’m doing, tag calls for 3000W 125V. It has a 50A/125V cord. Everything has to be gfci, don’t even know if Siemens makes a 50A/125V gfci breaker let alone find one right now. Suggestions? Can you use one pole of 250v breaker?
If they don’t or you can’t find one mount a hot tub disco on the wall near it

ActionDave

Chief Moderator
Staff member
Durango, CO, 10 h 20 min from the winged horses.
Occupation
Licensed Electrician
Can you use one leg of a double pole 30 gfci? With materials so hard to find no one has a single pole.
Sure, why not. Amps is Amps whether or not they flow line to line or line to neutral so the breaker will operate correctly on overload and for a ground fault or short circuit. As far as the GFCI protection it is looking only looking at the balance of the load on the circuit so it will be fine.
You know a code reference on the use of double pole? Trying to find it
There isn't one.

Alc609

Occupation
Electrician
Sure, why not. Amps is Amps whether or not they flow line to line or line to neutral so the breaker will operate correctly on overload and for a ground fault or short circuit. As far as the GFCI protection it is looking only looking at the balance of the load on the circuit so it will be fine.

There isn't one.
Thanks

kwired

Electron manager
Factory supplied cord? Distributor supplied? Used equipment and someone else had this cord on it?

Hard wire it and you don't need a GFCI?

Put a 20 amp 125/250 volt cord end and 4 wire cord on it and use a 20 amp 2 pole GFCI?

Few possible options

Alc609

Occupation
Electrician
Factory supplied cord? Distributor supplied? Used equipment and someone else had this cord on it?

Hard wire it and you don't need a GFCI?

Put a 20 amp 125/250 volt cord end and 4 wire cord on it and use a 20 amp 2 pole GFCI?

Few possible options
Factory 3 wire 50A/125v

Status
Not open for further replies.