Commercial Maintenance/Service Contract...

Status
Not open for further replies.

emahler

Help!!!....we've never done maintenance contracts for electrical, it was never an issue...

well, now we are starting to need to offer them. here is the current situation...

we provide service/maintenance contracts for HVAC and refrigeration. One of our customers, who we currently don't have a contract with, wants us to handle all the HVAC, refrigeration, kitchen exhaust and electrical. They are a single location, 8,000 sq ft restaurant.

we are covered with the HVAC/R and kitchen parts, but how the heck do i structure the electrical side?

they have all types of decorated fixtures with expensive lamps (I don't think i want to include any material in the contract)...

i was thinking of adding in a charge every quarter to walk through and survey the site for problems, then bill them a discounted rate for the repairs...

anyone do this? please send me some guidance...feel free to PM me if you don't want to post it publically....

thanks

emahler

cschmid said:
What we bid is a garenteed t&M price for the year..most of our maintenance is repeat business with no contract..

that's how we've done it for 30 yrs electrically....but we are looking to tie it in better with our hvac maintenance....

Status
Not open for further replies.