Commercial outlet cost per region

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsuprick

Commercial outlet cost

I?m in the process of looking at the total cost of installing communications equipment nationwide, VOIP solutions to be exact. A part that is commonly missing in the total system cost and assumed to be there is the electrical outlets required to power the network and terminal equipment.

The question is: Does anyone know where I can locate the costing per outlet drop on national bases?

ed downey

Re: Commercial outlet cost per region

There are many factors that go into providing pricing for the cost of an outlet and pretty much all of them are area specific so there is no good one size fits all answer to your question.
Some of the things I look at are:
1.) Union Or Non-Union Labor Rate (This Can Make A Big Difference In Most Regions)
2.) Dedicated Circuit Or Not
3.) Isolated Ground Circuit Or Not
4.) Can MC Cable Be Used Or Does It Need To Be EMT And Wire.
5.) Are These Areas Currently Under Construction If So Then You Can Probably Use Standard Fully Burdened Labor Rates If Not Then You Will Probably Need To Figure A Service Labor Rate.
6.) How Far Away Is The Electrical Room Where The Circuit Is To Be Fed From.
7.) Does The Work Need To Be Done On Off Hours So That They Do Not Interupt Other People Working.
8.) Specific Cities Will Requiire Permits For This Additional Circuitry.

As You Can See There Are Way To Many Variables To Give You A Specific Answer.

jsuprick

Ed,

Thanks for the list.

What I'm looking for is a range of cost; say $200-250 for Northeast, $175-225 for southeast, etc. There has to be range for competitive bidding in each region.

In this case I can narrow it down, based on the typical environment (Hospital and enterprise buildings).

1. Since it?s for Data/voice, I would recommended it to be a Dedicated Circuit and Isolated Ground.
2. Installed in telecom/data closest during normal business hours.
3. Would require EMT.
4. Existing construction
5. Permits as well

Hope this helps.

pcoleman

Wow, Ther are still so many variables. Lets try this. BTW, I'm from the northeast.

Assume it is the only thing we will be doing, 75 foot run, emt, three bends, 1/2 over a partial suspended ceiling and then 1/2 open ceiling/wall, 20 amp dedicated outlet, isoated, fed from a "spare" circuit breaker. I would price this outlet at $425.

Status
Not open for further replies.