Commericial laundromat washers and dryers disconnect

hhsting

Occupation
Junior plan reviewer
I have commericial laundromat with washers and dryers.

For the washers and dryers disconnect would NEC 2017 Article 422.31 apply? If not then which article NEC 2017 applies?

kwired

Electron manager
If you look at 422.31(C) carefully it doesn't mention the branch circuit device like (A) and (B) do. This would allow you to put a switch with lockable means in some remote location that may not make sense for anyone servicing to even look at that location for a disconnecting means.

Not sure if that was a mistake or if that was what they intended. You would think if not within sight they would want it to be the branch circuit device.

hhsting

Occupation
Junior plan reviewer
If you look at 422.31(C) carefully it doesn't mention the branch circuit device like (A) and (B) do. This would allow you to put a switch with lockable means in some remote location that may not make sense for anyone servicing to even look at that location for a disconnecting means.

Not sure if that was a mistake or if that was what they intended. You would think if not within sight they would want it to be the branch circuit device.

What do you mean? They all (a,b,c) allow circuit breaker not within sight to be disconnecting means if lockable??

381d59a2429a58c22ed7fc33cd5c44cf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kwired

Electron manager
What do you mean? They all (a,b,c) allow circuit breaker not within sight to be disconnecting means if lockable??

381d59a2429a58c22ed7fc33cd5c44cf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A and B both mention the branch circuit device being permitted to be the disconnecting means if it is lockable.

C mentions being lockable but doesn't mention the branch circuit device.