Common Sense and Knowledge Approach to Electrical Safety

Status
Not open for further replies.

cadpoint

I've seen enough, asked, stated, mentioned about the aspects of safety and PPE, I found and thought I'd post this Topic from the Link and IEEE itself, 50 pages - PDF

While the statistics are dated the materail is a good overview with alot of the aspects of the subject matter presented.

TOPICS (Pg 50)
“Common Sense and Knowledge Approach to Electrical Safety” deals with the elementary physics of electrical shock and arc flash hazards. The potential adverse affects of these electrical hazards on people and equipment are explained. The need for a site and/or corporate Electrical Safety Committee is reviewed.

The process of developing an Electrical Safety Program and training in its contents is covered. Electrical safe work practices, such as “job briefings”, and electrical safety procedures, such as lockout/tagout, to avoid the hazards associated with working on or near energized electrical conductors or circuit parts are presented. The heiarchy of establishing an “Electrical Safe Work Condition" is emphasized.
The role of maintenance to enhance electrical safety is included. Finally the benefits of matching and using personal
protective clothing/personal protective equipment to the potential arc flash hazard and voltage level at the work place is included.

George B.

Electrical Safety

Electrical Safety

Nice link. I like to alway browse for other safety related things also. I do hate to hear of any accident that could've been prevented. Unfortunately in our fast paced society nowadays safety takes the side seat until there is an incident. I'll try to attach another safety PDF I found. George B.

Status
Not open for further replies.