Concrete Inserts

Alwayslearningelec

Occupation
Estimator
Was using Hilti nails with this but now the engineer said we can't use them and now want's the expansion shields. Which I guess is a machine screw anchor. I assume these are much slower to get in the slab then using Hilt gun and nail which sucks.
1698091987309.png

1698091783837.png

1698091689386.png

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
You don't want lead anchors as Hal stated. Look up an acorn anchor that meets the spec.

Alwayslearningelec

Occupation
Estimator
Lead expansion shields haven't been used for many years. I would send the engineer an RFI with current product information and ask him to choose a suitable product.

And yes, they require drilling into the concrete to install them.

Hilti

DeWalt (formally Powers)

-Hal
Thank you very much. I'm not clear. Lead expansion as opposed to what? I see what options you posted but the material difference is what? Lead to steel? You can hang T-Rod directly from machine screw anchors correct?

I really need the cheapest option. Labor rate is high here so a labor saving product would be great too. THanks.

Alwayslearningelec

Occupation
Estimator
Thank you very much. I'm not clear. Lead expansion as opposed to what? I see what options you posted but the material difference is what? Lead to steel? You can hang T-Rod directly from machine screw anchors correct?

I really need the cheapest option. Labor rate is high here so a labor saving product would be great too. THanks.

What I was saying is that machine screw anchor leaves a female opening for something to thread into correct? There's other anchors that go into the concrete that leaves a male threaded sided sticking out for a coupling or nut etc. to thread onto?

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor

hbiss

EC, Westchester, New York NEC: 2014
Occupation
EC
I really need the cheapest option. Labor rate is high here so a labor saving product would be great too.

So, this where you need to be consulting with manufacturers reps. They know their product lines and capabilities. You need to supply them with exactly what you will be hanging/supporting, the loads and to what. If you have a sizable project, I don't see why they wouldn't supply the information you need.

-Hal

Alwayslearningelec

Occupation
Estimator
It's to support 12/2 MC cable and cat 6 cables.

They want the support to attach from slab unfortunately and not off any pencil rod etc.