Conditional Lien Waiver Template

Moore Power

Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Does anyone know of a place where I can get Conditional progress and final lien waver templates? I don't want to pay for a lawyer. More and more the GCs that I am working with ask me to sign final waivers before I get paid. In the future I would like to submit one of these with my invoice to save me from an extra 30 emails. Thanks in advance.

TX+ MASTER#4544

Occupation
electrical Code instructor and mentor
What is a Conditional progress and final lien waver..?
That's standard protocol for GCs to ask you to sign partial waivers before you're paid as the job continues.
Think about it. If you get paid first and something goes wrong afterword, where does that leave the GC and his client?
Yeah, I know some contractors may not be totally up front with you and vice versa.
Always establish a professional relation with any contractor or individual with whom you do business with.
Some contractors may ask you to sign a lien waver before each draw as the job progresses and withhold 10% at the last draw and when the owner takes possession of the finished job.
I don't have any advice for you.

Thanks for reading.
TX+MASTER#4544

Moore Power

Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Many places sell business forms and some trade associations have them available (remember that each statehas different laws on this and probably needs specific language).

Or just pay a lawyer for an hour or two and get something that's right for you. You should have some connection to a lawyer, anyway (as well as a CPA).
Thank you, you are right I should at least have a connection with a lawyer.