conduit connectors

Status
Not open for further replies.

vinceLacey

New User
Hi All - I'm not an electrician; I run an aluminum anodizing shop. On occasion, various tank heaters, level sensors, etc. require servicing or replacement. Currently all of these devices are connected to junction boxes with the use of 1/2" PVC-coated flexible conduit. I would like to install an in-line plug/receptacle connector in these flex conduit lines to avoid pulling out hard-wired conductors and make servicing operations faster, safer, and easier. My question is: Where could one obtain a connector assembly such as what I'm describing? It would be installed in a harsh atmosphere with chemicals and high humidity present, so waterproof would be great. I would need connections for conduits containing 2-4 conductors. Our system employs a 480V, 3phase power with overcurrent breakers rated from 20-60A. Thanks in advance if anyone has a link. Ideally, I could merely glue the conduit end into the connector, but if the part comes only with a threaded connection, I suppose I can obtain the necessary hardware.

jumper

At 480V you really should get an electrician involved.

That said:

I am closing this thread, in accordance with the Forum rules. This Forum is intended to assist professional electricians, inspectors, engineers, and other members of the electrical industry in the performance of their job-related tasks. However, if you are not an electrician or an electrical contractor, then we are not permitted to help you perform your own electrical installation work.

If I have misjudged the situation, if for example this project is related to your work, then send me a Private Message. If you can show me that I am wrong, and that you are a licensed electrician (or at least a licensed apprentice), then I will reopen your post, and offer an apology for the delay and inconvenience.

Status
Not open for further replies.