Conduit in wall for future expansion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iwirehouses

I have a customer that wants to mount a flat screen above a fire place and have the dvd/cable/home audio to the left of the fireplace on a shelf near the floor. He has his heart set on hiding all the wires. We're gonna put a receptacle behind the tv. receptacles behind the audio/cable/dvd. I was going to run a HDMI cable in the wall. It would enter right behind the cable box and come back out right behind the tv. The dvd/audio/cable are in a different bay then the tv, but close. I need to pass through one stud in the wall. I told them to use wire mold as a last resort. Try to really plan out what you need and we'll run it in the wall. I'd love to leave him something for future expansion. Where he can pop a wire in behind the dvd and have it pop out behind the tv.

Any options/opinions/experiences on a good way to do this? I remember when wiring a million dollar house, I left a piece of smurf tube in the wall going from the cable box to the tv. I think smurf tube might be a bit too small. Any other options besides bending and trying to install 1 1/4 emt in the wall? Maybe I can do two runs of smurf tube... OK....critique me!

Status
Not open for further replies.