Conduit Re-Route/Offset

Status
Not open for further replies.

charlie k.

Have a suggestion, since the engineer is from a different planet. Ask if you can greenfield between the conduits. There is a barrier already present and the fiber is contained in a steel raceway. Worth asking and the owner saves a little coin.

tom baker

First Chief Moderator
Staff member
Absolutely no interference from 480 or higher voltages, for that matter.
Fiber uses pulses of light and the big advantage its that its not subject to EM interference
Non conductive optical fiber can share the same enclosure, box or raceway with power conductors, per Article 770. I have often run optical fiber in wireways with 480 V.
Leave the conduits and just pull thru the boxes. You would need to look at the pulling tension over 12 floors, and how to get in and out of the end j boxes to maintain bending radius.

Cow

Occupation
Electrician
Interference on fiber. Now that's funny!!!

Like someone else said, they really need to find another engineer. If they're making simple mistakes like this, I wouldn't want to know how they're doing with any more complicated than this!!!

This is going to cost someone a lot of money at this rate.

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Sorry but you're photos stink so it's hard to tell if offsets will work, they may if you have the overall height and length. There are several ways to do this, offsets, core drill, or even a custom pull box.
If you want to get really artistic, mount a square box on the diagonal, use 45's on the conduits, and the cables can make a 90-degree turn in the box.

masterinbama

Cut the box between the in use conduits and the spares. Have a new side and cover fabricated for what's left by a custom shop. Now you have a pill box for each with sepetate covers.

Sent from my LGL157BL using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.