Connected Components Workbench CCW better versions?

Learn the NEC with Mike Holt now!

DougPLC

I need to upgrade a machine with 2 1336 PLUS II vfds with 2 Powerflex 755s. My PLC is a CompactLogix L33.
From CCW version 10 thru the latest version are there any versions that are better or worse to deal with for
working with these drives? My PC is Windows10 with plenty of RAM.

Thanks in advance.

Jolted

Get the newest version. Everything since 13 has been much better. I’m hearing that there are some nice improvements in 22 as well.

Teaser2

Occupation
Electrician/EE
I have the version 21.00.00 for CCWB. Obviously, you need Logix5000 for the CompactLogix (L33) and to make sure it is the matching version for the PLC.

Attachments

• CCWB Version 21.PNG
    CCWB Version 21.PNG
    16.5 KB · Views: 7

Jraef

Moderator, OTD
Staff member
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
CCW does not communicate with 1336 drives. They are 30 + years old now, long before CCW was developed. CCW only works on any PowerFlex drives. For the old 1336 drives you need Drives Explorer/Executive, which is no longer free. CCW also does not work on Control or Compact Logic PACs, you need Studio 5000 for that. Studio 5000 might include Drives Executive, I’m no longer sure on that but your AB distributor can tell you.

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
CCW does not communicate with 1336 drives. They are 30 + years old now, long before CCW was developed. CCW only works on any PowerFlex drives. For the old 1336 drives you need Drives Explorer/Executive, which is no longer free. CCW also does not work on Control or Compact Logic PACs, you need Studio 5000 for that. Studio 5000 might include Drives Executive, I’m no longer sure on that but your AB distributor can tell you.
The op indicated he is upgrading some 1336 drives to 755 drives.