Connecting to a 3-Can XFMR Bank on a Utility Pole

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strathead

Occupation
Electrician/Estimator/Project Manager/Superintendent
That's all well and good to know for your own edification. But that's not how it's done.

It's not your job to look at utility company equipment to determine if a particular service can be supplied. Your EC needs to contact the utility with the requirements then the utility will tell you if it can be done and at what cost.

That said, it would be smart to get this done BEFORE any money was spent on design and before any equipment was ordered or purchased.

-Hal
Funny how everyone is talking about the connection, etc. This community, I include myself is really a bunch of nerd electricians and engineers. Your post is the one that addresses the real issue with the post. WE DON'T HOOK UP TO THE UTILITY TRANSFORMERS. Contact the POCO engineer and discuss the options. They obviously either have to change their wiring configuration to a corner ground, or the customer needs to bring the stinger in.

hillbilly1

Occupation
Owner/electrical contractor
Funny how everyone is talking about the connection, etc. This community, I include myself is really a bunch of nerd electricians and engineers. Your post is the one that addresses the real issue with the post. WE DON'T HOOK UP TO THE UTILITY TRANSFORMERS. Contact the POCO engineer and discuss the options. They obviously either have to change their wiring configuration to a corner ground, or the customer needs to bring the stinger in.
In deregulated areas, we do, even supply the transformer.

Status
Not open for further replies.