Construction process for manufactured homes and/or mobile homes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sw_ross

I often try to figure out how manufactured homes and/or mobile homes are wired...

I mostly see cut-in type boxes used, not nail-on boxes.
Do they run wire for receps/switches in the stud bay, then complete the Sheetrock, then come back and cut in a cut-in box, pull the wires out, then install box/device?

That process doesn't seem efficient to me. It seems like it would be wasteful of wire, the cut-in boxes are more expensive, and seems like it would be more labor intensive, adding more effort for the electrical while making the sheetrock'ing more efficient?

Just trying to figure out why so many cut-in boxes... And how the things are put together.

romex jockey

Occupation
electrician
We had to unsnarl one's noodles ,because they tripped the afci's when all the 'sections' came together electrically.

Confronting the manufacturer, it was clear 550.17 Testing. lacked as a completed assembly.

They kicked me upstairs to their pseudo-archy , who further dodged my accusation

~RJ~

growler

I mostly see cut-in type boxes used, not nail-on boxes.
Do they run wire for receps/switches in the stud bay, then complete the Sheetrock, then come back and cut in a cut-in box, pull the wires out, then install box/device?

I think the opening for the cut-in boxes are there before the sheet-rock is installed.

They used to use a lot of paneling in mobile homes and it would have been easier to cut the openings before the paneling was installed.

They have the advantage of knowing exactly where everything is going to be because they produce the same units over and over.

Status
Not open for further replies.