Construction Types - PVC Use

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning all,
My question goes a little beyond the NEC. My question is related to the Florida Building Code. I am working in a Construction Type IIB building. The inspector told me I could not use *ANY* PVC within the building, not even for risers to panels.
I cited the code:
https://up.codes/viewer/florida/fl-building-code-2020/chapter/6/types-of-construction#603.1.3 from the Florida Building Code

603.1.3 Electrical
The use of electrical wiring methods with combustible insulation, tubing, raceways and related components shall be permitted where installed in accordance with the limitations of this code.

His explanation to me was that he needed me to show him where it said I was explicitly allowed to use PVC and that it could not be used because it is considered combustible. It seems to be that the code citation above does allow this.

Is someone out there a little more familiar with the FBC than I am that could give some input on this? Thanks for all your help!

wwhitney

Occupation
Retired
Seems to me that Chapter 27 "Electrical" of the 2020 FBC effectively incorporates NFPA 70 (the NEC) into the FBC. So I would read 603.1.3 as saying PVC shall be permitted where installed in accordance with the NEC.

Cheers, Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.