Contact for new contructroin/remodel jobs

Status
Not open for further replies.

CBL

Hi, I'm a small Lighting and Electrical company and I've read a few post on here about EC's contacting all the A/C companies for work and I'd like to find out who or how I'd go about getting bids for new construction and remodel contracs, I also saw on a post here recently on a guy who went on "face to face" sales calls for kitchen remodeling companies for work. Which I think is a great idea (Thanks and Nice Truck electricmanscott) and will start a list of these and try this for remodel work. Who would I contact (or stay away from) to try and get an opportunity to bid on new construction jobs? I'm in So Cal, is there a local trade association or trade service that could direct me or lead to new work Any advice is greatly appreciated...Thanks, JB

P.S. Hope everyone had a great Christmas!!!

Last edited:

cadpoint

Cold Calling

Cold Calling

Depending on your neighborhood or where and what type of clients you desire, I beleive you should present yourself
to the owners/ branch managers of the local Building supply houses. Leave your card(s) there, I would also join
the BBB, and any local chapters / associations that are related to building and construction.

Greet and meet & greet any / all local realtors.
Maybe meet and greet some of the leasing services as well.
Write down anything about the orginal interview for future reference.

I will personally do this in time ...

I had a friend who happen to tell me that he always had a joke to break
the ice on cold calls, and that a little humor can go along way...
But then again, he could remember a joke ...

Last edited:

jute

cadpoint said:
Depending on your neighborhood or where and what type of clients you desire, I beleive you should present yourself
to the owners/ branch managers of the local Building supply houses. Leave your card(s) there, I would also join
the BBB, and any local chapters / associations that are related to building and construction.

Greet and meet & greet any / all local realtors.
Maybe meet and greet some of the leasing services as well.
Write down anything about the orginal interview for future reference.

I will personally do this in time ...

I had a friend who happen to tell me that he always had a joke to break
the ice on cold calls, and that a little humor can go along way...
But then again, he could remember a joke ...
Thanks for the direction and will definately put some of these into action. I have contacted the BBB to find out more about it and the cost involved...Have you heard of any other trade clubs or organizations you would reccomend? Thanks, JB

CBL said:
Hi, I'm a small Lighting and Electrical company and I've read a few post on here about EC's contacting all the A/C companies for work and I'd like to find out who or how I'd go about getting bids for new construction and remodel contracts...

You don't.
They already know 20 or 30 or 200 other EC's... so why should they?

Start much smaller and earn their confidence by doing service/repair and the simple half or one day jobs first. THEN (and assuming you do them well) they will know who you are and MIGHT consider bumping you up to their list of EC's to play contract with.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.