Contactor needed for inverter output disconnect

Status
Not open for further replies.

jim dungar

Staff member
Occupation
PE (Retired) - Power Systems
Try looking at grainger with my degree in electrical engineering I could get a two pole 50 amp contacter and two ice cube relays two switch back and forth from nc to normally open as needed for the system to work properly again I would have to open the inverter and solder a few wires
I am pretty sure your engineering school taught you about punctuation, your post would be more readable if you used some.

Are you using the adjective 'normally' to mean a device's unpowered state (the traditional meaning) or its most common operating state (a non-traditional meaning)?

It appears you are encouraging someone to change the internal wiring of a 'listed assembly'.

jim dungar

Staff member
Occupation
PE (Retired) - Power Systems
Automatic transfer switch or non automatic transfer switch has fuses inside normally for larger loads to maintain a power source for alarge load or sensitive equipment etc. A contacter is a normally open contact that needs to be manually or automatically closed using a start/stop station or on/off switch etc.
Almost no automatic transfer switch contains fuses.
Contactors are readily available with closed contacts as well as with open ones. I have designed several shore-to-vehicle automatic transfer schemes for 'fire trucks'.

Status
Not open for further replies.