Continuity

guschash

I had to check some work being done at church, so I started at the lighting panel . It was being fed from QMB panel. So being fed from this QMB panel would make this a sub panel. So I had them remove the bar tiring together the neutral and ground bar. I check with my and I still had continuity between them. Is this right, I would expect them to be separate.

guschash

If the neutral is bonded to enclosure , what problems will I run into. It was couple of days ago and I know checked but right now I can't remember what got. Why would they bond the neutral to the enclosure anyways.

david

If the neutral is bonded to enclosure , what problems will I run into. It was couple of days ago and I know checked but right now I can't remember what got. Why would they bond the neutral to the enclosure anyways.
How many conductors supplying the panel, and where is it located in relationship to the service,
Where is it being supplied from?

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
The neutral current will be travelling on the EGC. If there is a metallic raceway or cable used then the neutral current is present on them too.