Control for commercial overhead door opener?

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
I got a call for a loading-dock overhead door opener that has s power feed out of the wall, but apparently never had a controller installed. Do they require an up/down/stop station, or can they be operated by a single push button?

Sample pics:

1725673585087.jpeg 1725673602840.jpeg

Seven-Delta-FortyOne

Goin’ Down In Flames........
Occupation
EC and GC
I’ve built or remodeled several commercial metal buildings recently, and every one had an up/down/stop switch. Just LV wiring run to the switch.

My door guy did the doors and controllers, I just ran the line voltage receptacles or outlets.

hillbilly1

Occupation
Owner/electrical contractor
Most use a push button control like in your picture, but I have seen cheaper ones that have just the one pushbutton that starts and stops by each press of the button, but those are not common.

hillbilly1

Occupation
Owner/electrical contractor
If it is an Internet connected Chamberlain, kind of like your picture shows, it probably is a single button. Those have a battery powered sensor that mounts on the door to tell what position it is in, and a controller tied to the up/down input. Probably need the model number. I’ve put a couple of those in. I modified one (controller) to work on my gate, so I can control it, along with seeing if the gate is open or closed using the app.

Space

Occupation
Industrial Electrician
I got a call for a loading-dock overhead door opener that has s power feed out of the wall, but apparently never had a controller installed. Do they require an up/down/stop station, or can they be operated by a single push button?

Sample pics:

View attachment 2573349 View attachment 2573350
Nearly all the overhead doors at our facility have that exact three pushbutton control. I have noticed the wireless remotes (door opener) can be single button or three button.