control panel design and wiring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razzap

I will be teaching a new class next semester on designing and building industrial control panels. I have made a 25 + year career building panels of all sizes and shapes, so I feel comfortable teaching what I know. I would like to find more info on the web, but there does not seem to be much out there. I have Googled everything I can think of, with little or no results - mostly names of panel builders. Are there any textbooks, standards, articles or websites devoted to control panel design / build? At this time, my best resource seems to be manufacture's catalogs. I would like something that I can hand out to my students, or point them to a website if one exists.

kwired

Electron manager
May want to consider creating your own material although it may take a little time. Once you have your first edition it is easier to revise especially after changes in code come along. You can have references to other publications such as NFPA, UL, ANSI, etc. within your material to back it up.

realolman

For cryin out loud, teach em to leave room for hooking up to terminal strips and room for bundles of wire. People always seem to forget that.

Putting terminal strips on stand offs automatically leaves some room under them where bundles of wires will have more room.

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
I will be teaching a new class next semester on designing and building industrial control panels. I have made a 25 + year career building panels of all sizes and shapes, so I feel comfortable teaching what I know. I would like to find more info on the web, but there does not seem to be much out there. I have Googled everything I can think of, with little or no results - mostly names of panel builders. Are there any textbooks, standards, articles or websites devoted to control panel design / build? At this time, my best resource seems to be manufacture's catalogs. I would like something that I can hand out to my students, or point them to a website if one exists.

UL508 and NFPA79 covers most things.

Razzap

Thanks for info

Thanks for info

Thanks for all your help! This is a new course and my first time teaching, so all your information is appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.