Controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strathead

Occupation
Electrician/Estimator/Project Manager/Superintendent
I am wondering if I was dreaming. I think I remember seeing something in the NEC that made me think that if you put two or more components in an enclosure such as a time clock and a transformer, or contactor, etc. it had to be listed. Trying to find it I see that even an industrial control panel doesn't have to be listed. Is anyone aware of an article similar to that I am thinking of, or was it a bad dream?

jap

Occupation
Electrician
I am wondering if I was dreaming. I think I remember seeing something in the NEC that made me think that if you put two or more components in an enclosure such as a time clock and a transformer, or contactor, etc. it had to be listed. Trying to find it I see that even an industrial control panel doesn't have to be listed. Is anyone aware of an article similar to that I am thinking of, or was it a bad dream?

May have been a dream.
Not so sure why it would have been a bad dream.

JAP>

Jraef

Moderator, OTD
Staff member
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Listing is not required in article 409 the NEC per se, but it is inferred in the way it requires an SCCR label and how that label is attained. Plus, many STATES have amended their version as State Electrical Codes to require NRTL listing of assemblies.

Rather than re-typing all of the nuances, read this older post of mine.

http://forums.mikeholt.com/showthread.php?t=153005&p=1480110#post1480110

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
OSHA requires electrical equipment that is used or installed in a work place to be listed. 1910.303(a)

Status
Not open for further replies.