Conveyor Systems

Learn the NEC with Mike Holt now!
Status
Not open for further replies.

dronai

Any of you guys work with Conveyor Systems ? Looking at a job possibility of working with a large conveyor system. I would like to know what you think of this type of work.

How much PLC knowledge is required. I can program a lot of basic projects, but wonder how proficient you need to be at it.

kwired

Electron manager
First conveyor is pretty generic term. It can be anything that moves something from one place to another and still be called conveyor.

Second how complicated is the logic of any control of the conveying system?

Do you need to count things, weigh things, reject bad product, divert special conditions to another line, or do you just need simple interlock to shut down supply if a particular piece of equipment stops for any reason?

dronai

First conveyor is pretty generic term. It can be anything that moves something from one place to another and still be called conveyor.

Second how complicated is the logic of any control of the conveying system?

Do you need to count things, weigh things, reject bad product, divert special conditions to another line, or do you just need simple interlock to shut down supply if a particular piece of equipment stops for any reason?

A large system of conveyors handling baggage at an International airport. I would be an assitant, but would be in charge when the head supervisor is off. I think theres 40 electricians employed for all different shifts.

Ken9876

A large system of conveyors handling baggage at an International airport. I would be an assitant, but would be in charge when the head supervisor is off. I think theres 40 electricians employed for all different shifts.

Umm, you did not mention this in your other post. In this case I would recommend you learn all you can. I?d expect to see shift registers, masked moves, sequencer functions? I?m sure there is a lot going on. Great opportunity for you to learn a lot about PLC?s

masterinbama

Most projects of that size and scope will have a process engineer do all of the programming. A good one can make the project a breeze, whereas a bad one can render it a nightmare.

Status
Not open for further replies.