Cool Pix

Status
Not open for further replies.

480sparky

Wandering aimlessly 'bout the 'net tonight. Stumbled across these little beauties:

lightning01.jpg

Lightning02.jpg

Lightning03.jpg

Lightning04.jpg

Lightning05.jpg

(I'm sure there's some Photoshopping going on here, but still nice nonetheless.)

scrooge

great pictures aimlessly,thanks for posting them.Ironic how the top picture reminds use of the C phase of 480,the second picture a 208 hi-leg.

480sparky

scrooge said:
great pictures aimlessly,thanks for posting them.Ironic how the top picture reminds use of the C phase of 480,the second picture a 208 hi-leg.

"Ink Blots" for Electricians! I love it!

(Rorschach Tests, for those who are wondering the real name for them....)

stickelec

480sparky said:
"Ink Blots" for Electricians! I love it!

(Rorschach Tests, for those who are wondering the real name for them....)

I've got a feelin' you liked to "make sparks" when you were a little guy. :D

brian john

Sound tripped shutter release with time exposures, and/or multiple shooting press the shutter and the camera takes pictures at 3-7 FPS till the memory is too full and slows the capture speed or the memory card is full.

Krim

Those are great pictures. I've always been fascinated with watching the array of lightning during thunderstorms.I especially enjoy the warm weather heat lightning as some call it,when you have the sky lighting up but don't get the rainfall. I've often bought those acts of nature calendars over the years.

brian john

Something to remember about photography; photographers that develop their own film and tray developed pictures have always been able to alter photos, filters, exposure time (in the field and in the lab), cropping, dodging, burning. Altering photos is nothing new, just a lot easier and available to the masses with less training.

This is part of their artistic expression of the scene they pictured in their mind when taking the picture or when reviewing the print later. A camera seldom captures the image as actually seen.

The point is enjoy the picture as it is.

480sparky

Fake/Real/Photoshop?etc.

Fake/Real/Photoshop?etc.

I have no doubt some of them are outright fakes. Some have been Photoshopped, or 'adjusted' in the darkroom. But nice nontheless.

lightning14.jpg

lightning15.jpg

lightning16.jpg

lightning17.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.