Copper Keyless

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris kennedy

Occupation
60 yr old tool twisting electrician
I am wondering if anyone would know the origin and date of these fixtures. There are no markings on the copper but they have a porcelain screw shell.

My guess is that they were custom for that house but figured I'd take a shot.

Thanks

View attachment 2149

ItsHot

Classic

Classic

That is a classic Chris! I know little about old fixtures. There is a member here that collects old lighting etc., maybe he will see this and be able to identify it! Looks like something you would see on the traveling antique road show!

480sparky

ItsHot said:
That is a classic Chris! I know little about old fixtures. There is a member here that collects old lighting etc., maybe he will see this and be able to identify it! Looks like something you would see on the traveling antique road show!

That would be Michael.

480sparky

Upon closer inspection, I would seriously doubt there's a box under (over?) that canopy. I've never seen a box with 3 threaded holes in a triangle. My guess is the whole shebang is screwed (w/ brass screws) through the plaster and into the lathe. I'd also wager it's hand-made.

chris kennedy

Occupation
60 yr old tool twisting electrician
480sparky said:
Upon closer inspection, I would seriously doubt there's a box under (over?) that canopy. I've never seen a box with 3 threaded holes in a triangle. My guess is the whole shebang is screwed (w/ brass screws) through the plaster and into the lathe. I'd also wager it's hand-made.
Ken, that the ceiling in my living room. There is an octagon box up there. The brass mounting screws go into backing I placed there for them.

peter d said:
It looks like a Philips "Halogena" to me.
Yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.