Cost Calculator Spreadsheet

Status
Not open for further replies.

aline

Is it possible to post a download for a spreadsheet on this site. I've created a basic cost calculator spread sheet and was wondering if it could be posted somehow for anyone who wants to plug some numbers into it. It's pretty basic but gives a rough idea of costs and how they are affected by the number of electricians.

Below is a picture showing what it looks like. The values in blue are user defined. The other values change automatically.

CostCalculator.jpg

L

Lxnxjxhx

$3800 on gas?

$3800 on gas?

$3.80/gal, 1000 gal, 20 mi/gal, 20,000 miles/yr?
Dunno'.

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
Lxnxjxhx said:
$3.80/gal, 1000 gal, 20 mi/gal, 20,000 miles/yr?
Dunno'.

I guess if you live in an urban area that's likely. I live in rural south GA, and have to cover a lot of ground to get to the customers. I drive 2500-3k miles a month. And with my truck fully loaded I get 14-16mpg. I spend anywhere from $150-$180/wk on fuel.

aline

brantmacga said:
You spent $3800 on gas? What are you working out of, a prius?
These aren't my actual numbers. I just quickly threw some somewhat low numbers in.
I don't use this spreadsheet myself. I just threw it together to post on this forum.

I use a program called "Beyond Breakeven".
It links to my accounting software and imports all my information into it.
It does much much more than this simple spreadsheet.
It's kind of like the software in the link below but was only a couple hundred dollars not a couple thousand.

http://www.aptora.com/store/products/the_profit_forecaster_tpf/

Last edited:

aline

Don't dwell on the numbers in the spreadsheet. They're meaningless. If I put my actual numbers in, for service work, I would be over a hundred dollars an hour just to break even. I spend more like $24,000 per year on advertising. One phone book ad I have costs $950 per month. It used to be $2,000 per month until I scaled it back.

Put your own numbers in and see what you come up with.
You can change the billable hours too if you want.

I just thought it would be intersting to put a spreadsheet on here that people can plug some numbers into it and see the results.

You can change the number of electricians and see how that effects your costs.

Status
Not open for further replies.