countertop outlet spacing help....

Status
Not open for further replies.

joem22

if u have a home office and u have a wall with countertop,what will be the spacing on outlets on that?Its not a kit. and no sink what would that fall under?thanks.

kwired

Electron manager
The presence of counters do not a kitchen make.
The receptacle spacing required is found in 210.52(A)(1)-(3)

Does 'this built in desk' meet the defintion of wall space as described in 210.52(A)(2)?

I have never had an inspector give me any trouble with putting pretty much anything I want at these locations as long as the rest of the room not involving the built in desk complies with 210.52(A). If furnishings are not 'built in' then the room is typically no different than a bedroom.

Twoskinsoneman

Occupation
Facility Senior Electrician
If you want to look good to a customer,
add a few recepticals, and point out the attention to detail.

Just a marketing thing.
Absolutely! But was just talking min required.

Does 'this built in desk' meet the defintion of wall space as described in 210.52(A)(2)?

I have never had an inspector give me any trouble with putting pretty much anything I want at these locations as long as the rest of the room not involving the built in desk complies with 210.52(A). If furnishings are not 'built in' then the room is typically no different than a bedroom.

:eek: I remember that long, recent thread and the back and forth about the wall spaces in a kitchen... Unfortunately for the REAL nit pickers I think 210.52(A) doesn't go far enough to portray what the entire intent is. Like wall space built into the counter for a oven, I'm pretty sure I remember someone saying it needed a SABC recept in addition to the recept for the oven. So I say play it case by case.

glene77is

TwoSkins,
I had one kitchen and dining laid out right, wired.
HO installed cabinets over some of my Kitchen Rec,
and the inspector could only see blank walls, not enough Rec.
I had to fish-in proper Receptical coverage for the Kit. :lol:

Twoskinsoneman

Occupation
Facility Senior Electrician
TwoSkins,
I had one kitchen and dining laid out right, wired.
HO installed cabinets over some of my Kitchen Rec,
and the inspector could only see blank walls, not enough Rec.
I had to fish-in proper Receptical coverage for the Kit. :lol:

Ha. It happens. The HO should have to pay for their whimsical changes though :)

Status
Not open for further replies.