Country Club Resort kitchen

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtb

Hello!

I am trying to 'guestimate' a worst case kitchen load for an upscale Golf resort. The kitchen designer has no info yet on equipment, but I need a worst case go-by for preliminary service size calc, due of course, tomorrow. :(

The building has 42 'Guest rooms', but potentially will serve walk-in customers, and possibly PGA banquets :p

pcoleman

Re: Country Club Resort kitchen

I just completed a similar project. Appliances were mostly gas. Loads encountered were for the diswasher (hot water booster as you mentioned). Also, other loads were the refrigeration systems, 30 amp each (cooler/freezer), air conditioning 1,200 tons, 1000 amp feed, exhaust fans (7.5 HP, 3 phase motors. One motor each for both exhaust and make up air), food warmers (30&20 amp, 1 ph circuits) and convienance outlets. Caution, steam tables can be electric in gas kitchens (208 volt, 30 amp circuits). Lighting I would do on the sq ft basis. One other area that used power was the wait stations (coffee makers, hot water, small refrigeration units, warming lamps).

All kitchen loads were handled from a single 225 amp, 3 phase panel at 120/208 volts. Dining room, function room and offices and the rest of the building were handled by 2 more 225 amp panels. Main service was 1500 amp, 120/208, 3 phase. IMHO I would have installed a 480 volt service and ran a smaller line to the chiller and used a step down transformer for the rest. But, alas you bid and build what you see on the plans.

Another caution, golf carts, electric or gas driven. You will need to deal with chargers if electric carts.

I'm surprised you don't have a full set of plans to work from. How "up scale" is this?

jtb

Howdy Y'all...
Update---still waiting for kitchen consultant to give me some loads. I did preliminary sizing by giving him an allowance of 200KVA.

pcoleman

You read it correctly, it was a central chilled water unit. Chilled water was then piped to over 50 air handlers. Made no sense to me, plans called for a 208 volt, 3 phase service. So, that is what was connected to the chiller. :confused:

pcoleman

BTW, I was looking at another section of this forum when I cane across thew subject of golf carts. Good discussion, check it out under the NEC section of the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.