Cpr

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJWalecka

I recently attended a CPR class provided by my employer. I was surprised at how informative it was. The number of compressions and breaths has changed to two breaths and thirty compressions. Make sure that paramedics are on the way. Your job is to provide the brain with air till help comes. I feel better that my peers are CPR certified, it can make a safer job site for all.

Justin J. Walecka

JJWalecka said:
I recently attended a CPR class provided by my employer. I was surprised at how informative it was. The number of compressions and breaths has changed to two breaths and thirty compressions. Make sure that paramedics are on the way. Your job is to provide the brain with air till help comes. I feel better that my peers are CPR certified, it can make a safer job site for all.

Justin J. Walecka
should be a mandatoty in our field. will never happen though.

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
110.6(C) in NFPA 70E says such training shall be provided to those who work on or near energized electrical equipment.
Don

M

mdshunk2

Has anyone ever kept track of statistics such that it can be confirmed that anyone was ever effectively recussitated after an electrocution event? You hear of it quite often in the event of a completely organic heart attack, but never (or hardly ever) in the event of an electrocution.

milwaukeesteve

It would be a good idea for those that are not CPR certified to get CPR certified. Even if your company doesn't provide it.

There are many places to get certified: City Halls, Hospitals, Fire Departments, Police Stations, YMCA/Health Clubs... Fire Department is actually a good one, because there is always someone there (unless in emergency, of course) so it can fit anyones schedule.

Even ONLINE for less than $25 you could be certified. Just do a search for Online CPR Certification.

If your employer doesn't provide, they should. But nothing is stopping you from doing it yourself, and asking your coworkers to do the same. You care about them as cooworkers, and hopefully they care enough about you.

CPR Certification is a yearly renewal. Every year I go there is something different it seems like, but just recently there was a big change (as mentioned by JJWaleka). So if you were once certified, a refresher course is a must.

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
Steve,
Even ONLINE for less than $25 you could be certified. Just do a search for Online CPR Certification.
As a former CPR instructor trainer, I don't see how you can really learn CPR online...you have to practice the acutal physical movements to learn it.
Don

milwaukeesteve

I didn't say I recommended it, but it is available.
I do know someone that did it online due to time constraints that she needed it done. I did not ask her though how it was.

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
It's just like so many things...it doesn't matter if you really can do it...the only thing that matters is the paper that says you can.
Don

Status
Not open for further replies.