CT cabinets and Diconnects

Status
Not open for further replies.

slfeagans

I'm installing a 600 Amp service with a CT cabinet do I need to add a Disconnect after the ct cabinet before I run to the 600 amp main breaker in the panel, panel is located behind the ct cabinet?

Thanks
Steve

radiopet

Is your Panel being installed in compliance with 230.70(A)(1)? If the answer is yes then for the most part you would only need the disconnect within the panel enclosure. If you install a disconnect after the CT and before the Panel then that is your service disconnect and it would effect what you run and the panel you originally asked about.

In some areas ( not in mine ) the POCO calls for a disconnect ahead of the CT which is allowed but not the norm I would not think.

If your CT is on one side and you are going straight into the panelboard with a 600A MCB and you are meeting 230.70(A)(1) then I would think you are ok.

Others will chime in I am sure.

slfeagans

Is your Panel being installed in compliance with 230.70(A)(1)? If the answer is yes then for the most part you would only need the disconnect within the panel enclosure. If you install a disconnect after the CT and before the Panel then that is your service disconnect and it would effect what you run and the panel you originally asked about.

In some areas ( not in mine ) the POCO calls for a disconnect ahead of the CT which is allowed but not the norm I would not think.

If your CT is on one side and you are going straight into the panelboard with a 600A MCB and you are meeting 230.70(A)(1) then I would think you are ok.

Others will chime in I am sure.

The 600 amp panel will be fed from the back of the ct cabinet to a 600 mcb. Thanks for your help. Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.