CT enclosers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Guns

on a typical CT cabinet you have your line side compartment your load side compartment and your compartment for the CT's. Line and load side is seperated from CT's by insulating boards. Question ? I'm told by numerous people that you can drill out or cut the insulating boards to pass line and load from one compartment to another as long as you don't go through CT compartment. I know there is a code for this I cant locate it, and there has to be a code/spec by the utility company. Example load conduit is entering from slab at bottom of cabinet and line side conduit is entering at top, main breaker is at bottom, needs to be cold sequenced feed breaker metered by CTs load out.

nyhockey

on a typical CT cabinet you have your line side compartment your load side compartment and your compartment for the CT's. Line and load side is seperated from CT's by insulating boards. Question ? I'm told by numerous people that you can drill out or cut the insulating boards to pass line and load from one compartment to another as long as you don't go through CT compartment. I know there is a code for this I cant locate it, and there has to be a code/spec by the utility company. Example load conduit is entering from slab at bottom of cabinet and line side conduit is entering at top, main breaker is at bottom, needs to be cold sequenced feed breaker metered by CTs load out.

No dividers in CT Cab in NYC (horizontal) but you can not mix the line an load

We are also using a Trans "S" & Trans"A" cabinit (verticle) no dividers but you can not mix the line and load

If I remember correctly NJ is the same

Status
Not open for further replies.