Current flow in delta configuration

kwired

Electron manager
I was asking what the direction of current flow is inside the delta configuration. I wasn't sure if clockwise, counterclockwise, or if it flowed the same way as the line currents... 2 in one direction with the 3rd in the opposite direction.
It is alternating current and flows opposite direction every half cycle. You can look at the graphs in post 3 and see where the voltage driving the current is at for each phase at any point in time. For inductive loads the current will be lagging the voltage but all three will be lagging the same amount. You get rotation of magnetic fields in three phase motor because each winding reaches peak at a different time, interchanging any two supply leads will reverse the direction of that rotation. You would have similar thing going on in a transformer which will cause the phase relationship to be transferred from primary to secondary windings.

wwhitney

Occupation
Retired
Is the shift in time = π / 3? I'm looking at the 2 graphs by Carultch in Post #3
P.S. Depending on your interest level in the math and/or vectors, see this thread for a semi-practical application:

Cheers, Wayne

Grouch1980

P.S. Depending on your interest level in the math and/or vectors, see this thread for a semi-practical application:

Cheers, Wayne
Thanks! I'll check it out.