current transformer - doubts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
I have attached a figure and would like to clarify some doubts. As we all know that P1 is the side where the cable must enter(or current flow must be towards P1 as i have maked in the fig. With red colour) and must leave out from P2 which is true in the case of the first three transformer CT?s(CT601T.C1, CT601T.C2 and CT601T.C3) i.e, before breaker A601. But the CT?s placed after that has the P1 placed away from the breaker. So how does the theory ? that P1 is the side where the cable must enter(or current flow must be towards P1) and must leave out from P2? be true in this case. Is there any other theory behind this? Please explain

kingpb

Occupation
Engineer, Registered
This is very typical for a relaying diagram that the polarity marks are located on the side away from the associated equipment.

I think your confusing the dot convention for current. The direction of the secondary current is the same as long as the polarity marks are together on the same side. This is based on the fact that current flowing in at a polarity mark causes current to flow out of the polarity mark on the other side.

Status
Not open for further replies.